[AusNOG] Megaport call for Participants

Cameron Daniel cdaniel at nurve.com.au
Thu Jun 20 10:08:31 EST 2013

Hi Shane,

  > What kind of of IX are you planning to deploy (will there be forced
multi-lat?)

No forced multi-lateral arrangement. You can participate on the IX if
you like or you can just use private VLANs for bi-lats, backhaul,
anything you can think of. We'd like you to participate on the IX but
it's not required.

  > Is the fabric going to be a single unified fabric for the entire east
coast, or will they be separate entities on their own?

There will be a separate IX in each state.

There aren't any restrictions on buying multiple ports and using the
network as backhaul within each state. There will be an option to buy
bandwidth between Megaports in different states but that may not be
available day 1 and will likely have a different pricing model.

  > I assume being 10GE+, you'll be planning to run jumbo's? if so,
what's the maximum MTU?

9100 byte MTU.

Cheers,
Cameron