[AusNOG] Symbio Ports

Christopher Cowling chris at faktortel.com.au
Wed Jun 12 14:24:39 EST 2013

Porting for VOIP has calmed down a lot now.

Early days (or even upto a year ago) it was really tough to get numbers to
go through to VOIP. Recently the ACMA / TIO have cracked down on VOIP
providers and made them pretty much as liable as a regular telco is now.
With the crack down came more readiness to port numbers and less issues.
Additionally, with Symbio's recent foray into the carrier world they
brought with them the ability to bridge the gaps between the VOIP world and
regular POTS, which I think has made it easier for everyone.

We find these days we can port most numbers through either Symbio / AAPT /
PowerTel or a mixture.

Chris.
FaktorTel.