[AusNOG] Power audit

Peter Tiggerdine ptiggerdine at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 19:32:23 EST 2013

Three ways todo this safely

Apc switched power distribution unit (pdu) would give you a very indication
of power use. For $1k each it probably cheaper that getting in contractors
and provide remote power switch to your noc. We use them everywhere.

If your kit is in a commerical dc, the owner if the dc should be able to
give you and indication

Pull all the datasheets from all the kit and add it up the power
calculation.

You can use a hall effect sensor but requires you to strip open the 32amp
lead to get access to the active wire. Not oh&s friendly