[AusNOG] International traffic speeds

Phillip Grasso phillip.grasso at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 22:56:46 EST 2013

On the speed side, give mlab tools a go. Its used by Internet researchers,
academics and others to measure Internet performance.  Many of the 'speed
tester' sites are on overloaded servers with much other to provide a
reliable measurement. You might get geo-redirected to Sydney servers, so
perhaps hard code the overseas servers for your testing.

Whilst this list is pretty technical, i'd advocate you go 'old school' and
ask around amongst the community if you're unsure about coverage and
quality of a wholesale provider, Yes call or email people and discuss it
;-).. There's lots of people on this list that would probably be willing to
offer their experiences using both providers.