[AusNOG] Simon Hackett's presentation from Comms Day yesterday - NBN fibre on copper prices

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at mmc.com.au
Fri Jul 19 12:25:22 EST 2013

Those cores only goto the pit in front of your house, they don't necessarily make it to the cabinet where the splitters are.

So, there's a cost to "simply activate the spare cores" - if you're doing that then unless you're needing the bandwidth I'd argue it's cheaper to do what NBNCo are doing and put an active bit of kit in.

MMC