[AusNOG] Simon Hackett's presentation from Comms Day yesterday - NBN fibre on copper prices

Simon Booth Simon.Booth at speechnetworks.com.au
Fri Jul 19 10:38:49 EST 2013

I agree that G.711 will carry the traffic (Telstra’s SDH ISDN is proof of this) however over which protocol?  RTP is flakey (the best I could ever achieve was 2400bps) and I will be surprised to learn of anyone successfully carrying 56Kbps modem traffic over an ATA.

Fax is ok as we have T.38 to carry it.  I’m yet to see ADEMCO successfully carried over SIP.

Simon Booth
Senior Pre-Sales Engineer

Phone (+61 3) 9005 0725  Mobile   0478 747 280
8/636 St. Kilda Road
Melbourne VIC 3004

Australia | New Zealand
­
This email and any attachment may contain confidential information. If you have received this email or any attachment in error, please delete the email / attachment, and notify the sender. Please do not copy, disclose or use the email, any attachment, or any information contained in them. Consider the environment before deciding to print: avoid printing if you can, or consider printing double-sided. Visit us online at www.gsn.com.au<http://www.gsn.com.au>