[AusNOG] Simon Hackett's presentation from Comms Day yesterday - NBN fibre on copper prices

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at mmc.com.au
Fri Jul 19 01:39:27 EST 2013

NBNco have not started the whole cut copper and migrate over, just new
installs.  So Simon's idea would cost shift money from NBNCo to the RSP,
but make actually migrating people far more complex, time consuming and
difficult for the 8million or so PSTN services still out there (plus/minus
a few million, but still significant). I'd suggest it's a great idea for
post-implementation, but for the upcoming phase, I actually think it's
something that'll make the RSP/NBNCo effort much harder, more costly and
more fraught with failure.

MMC (watching from afar)