[AusNOG] Switching Recommendations

timothy b timothy141542 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 14 23:03:12 EST 2013

Folks,

My experience is purely with Cisco.  With everything in networking I'm certain there is a comparable non-Cisco product.  And most likely to be cheaper as well!

I happen to be a fan, as a top of rack switch, of the Cisco 3750X.  it is dual PSU (hot swappable), 10Gi uplinks care of a module you have to put into the switch, 1RU, and Gig ports throughout.

Timothy