[AusNOG] Telstra agreed to retain [Australian] data for US authorities

Heinz N ausnog at equisoft.com.au
Sun Jul 14 13:32:37 EST 2013

> On Sun, 14 Jul 2013, Tim March wrote:
>
> Someone posts "Your national carrier is spying on you on behalf of a foreign
> state" and it gets four responses. Someone posts "ZOMGLOL WE MIGHT GET THE
> GOOGLE-WEBZ ONE DAY" and it gets 17 responses. This is why we can't have nice
> things.

:-)

I could ALSO tell you how M$ "smart screen filter enabled in IE" is
shadowing you browsing. A client was downloading a confidential
spreadsheet from a secured web server. An hour later, someone from
208.50.101.155 & 208.50.101.154 attempted to d/load that exact same
document! Obviously they didn't get in, but I almost fell off my chair
when reviewing the logs: his own browser was spying on him!!

H.