[AusNOG] 20G+ Routing on the cheap

Greg M gregm at servu.net.au
Sat Jul 13 23:39:31 EST 2013

Thanks all for the feedback. We've asked our US supplier for a quote on a
Brocade CER 2024, however given the likely $10k price difference between it
and a 4948E, we will probably in the end go with a hardened Gentoo
server/blade with dual 10G ports running quagga.

We currently run this exact setup at a datacentre in Fremont and are pushing
8Gbps at peak without any packet drops on the 4948E and Linux server.

Seems to be a lot of people in the same basket. I'll follow up with some
results in late August once we have this kit installed at Equinix SV1.

Cheers,

Greg