[AusNOG] 20G+ Routing on the cheap

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at eintellegonetworks.com
Sat Jul 13 22:35:26 EST 2013

Actually... the MX10 licenses the 2nd MIC slot.. which you can put a 2 port
10Gb card in... but to use two of the onboard 10Gb ports, you need to
license at the MX40 level.

And if you did go the MX10 with 2port 10Gb MIC slot, you'd be at about
30-35k or so (depending on discounts if eligible).

But, in that case a naked MX104 is worth about 25k and a 2 port 10Gb
license is about 9k or so - and it has 4 MIC slots built in - but the
licences for full layer 3 are extra, and there isn't a MX104 bundle yet
(probably around 40k when its out).... but you can put in a second RE, and
it can be a LNS as well (probably only 4k users though).

...Skeeve

linkedin.com/in/skeeve

twitter.com/networkceoau ; blog: www.network-ceo.net

The Experts Who The Experts Call