[AusNOG] Unicast RPF on IX sessions

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Sat Jul 13 13:28:05 EST 2013

On Jul 13, 2013, at 9:59 AM, Andrew Yager wrote:

> What are people's opinions/experience with running RPF on peering sessions? Our policy is (generally) strict on customer facing interfaces and loose on transit sessions, but curious as to people's experience/thoughts on peering facing interfaces.

If you mean peering relationships over shared-fabric exchanges, loose-check uRPF is generally the only practical option.

Also, be sure to leverage your uRPF deployment to enable S/RTBH at all your edges.  It's quite handy, and you never know when you might need it.

;>

	  Luck is the residue of opportunity and design.

		       -- John Milton