[AusNOG] FW: Looking for employees? Melbourne based

Giles Pollock glp71s at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 04:59:09 EST 2013

Been down this path myself in a way, I've spent ages trawling through my
networks, following up careers websites and applying for expression of
interest roles. Sadly very little seems to work through these when it comes
to actually getting a role. I don't see any real issue with people hunting
for jobs here, its a change from the usual trawling of Seek, Snipey,
MyCareer etc and it does show a certain level of initiative (and guts) that
many others wouldn't have.

In any case, the IT job market (at least in my part of the world) is
certainly doing it tough at the moment, even a quick trawl of places like
Whirlpool show similar stories for jobseekers out there.
Heck, being unemployed and looking for IT work can be a full time job in
its own right!