[AusNOG] Riverbed (or other) Edge devices for data compression - Seeking feedback or Suggestions

Ed Hallett ed at teltech.net.au
Wed Jan 30 15:22:14 EST 2013

At a previous contract (Australia / Dubai wide commercial architectural
design company) we had Riverbed's handling the load between heavily
utilised local file servers (those CAD drawings are big!!) - we had
significant problems with users reporting slow access speeds to ArchiCAD
/ AutoCAD docs and similar. It still wasn't resolved after 6 months of
talking to Riverbed, and is ongoing I believe.

My 2c.

--Ed