[AusNOG] Asset Management Software recommendations

Darren Moss Darren.Moss at em3.com.au
Tue Jan 22 14:28:12 EST 2013

Hi Noggers,

We've purchased a hosting company and they have an old asset management system which won't integrate with *anything*.

Our current system is in-house developed but I'd like to stop writing software and find a good vendor / software product that can do the job.

Can anyone recommend a decent asset management system ?

Main requirements are...

1.       Track server, switch, router, appliance, telephony assets (country -> DC -> rack -> RU position)

2.       Software licenses (yeah a bit unusual but our current in-house system does this)

3.       Spares (disks, RAM, interface cards, PSUs, WICs, etc)

4.       Can be accessed by multiple staff from multiple locations at the same time (browser based preferable, will suffer RDP if we have to).

Our current system (browser based) also draws pretty pictures of racks and equipment in block type diagrams which is good for staff who allocate rack space without having to visit datacentres.

Happy to hear thoughts from fellow noggers. Paid / OS is fine, not fussed so long as the software presents well and can be backed up without dramas.

Many thanks.

Darren.