[AusNOG] /20 Available

Tony td_miles at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 21 18:09:45 EST 2013

Yes, but out of those 4 devices you've listed, which one's are allocated a "real" IPv4 address (ie. publicly routable) ? Unless you've requested otherwise, probably only your DSL.

My Telstra phone has a 10.202.x.x address, my wife's Optus phone has a 10.125.x.x IP address when I have checked just now.

Moving forwards it will probably be the case that your DSL will also have a private address on it's WAN (and get NAT'd somewhere) unless you request and pay for a public IPv4 address.

For 95% of the population they won't notice the change as all their traffic is outbound in direction and continues to "just work".