[AusNOG] [SHAME] spamrats.com

Mark Smith markzzzsmith at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jan 11 05:50:52 EST 2013

----- Original Message -----

RFC1912 is an Informational RFC, not even a Best Current Practice. It's providing good advice, but is not providing any mandates on how DNS is to be operated.

RFCs aren't automatically standards that have to be followed (otherwise we'd all be pigeon fanciers).

RFC2026 is the authority on RFC status, however the following gives an overview:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Request_for_Comments#Status