[AusNOG] Apple iPhone5 Wifi connectivity problems - faulty Apple wireless chipsets?

Thomas Jackson thomas at thomax.com.au
Mon Jan 7 16:53:36 EST 2013

A colleague was talking about this the other day - apparently they had some
iPad 2 units working perfectly until upgrading them and their new iPhone 5s
wouldn't connect at all.

In the end, he found out that TKIP support (which is what their APs were
configured to use) seems to have vanished, and AES was the only supported
cipher. After swapping over, suddenly everything started working again.