[AusNOG] Telstra South Brisbane Fibre with Cisco 887W

Bruce Forster bruce at tubes.net.au
Mon Jan 7 13:26:43 EST 2013

Don't really think qos is the issue here, you can still set a bandwidth cost
on the dialer interface and apply a policy-map afaik. (I may be wrong)

Major problems with using the 877 I would think comes down to the bandwidth
it will be able to push/pull.

I've seen this done before in the past and last time I saw it the router
struggled to push/pull about 10mb a sec, we replaced the router with 851 and
resolved the speed issues.

I really wouldn't use a adsl router as a Ethernet router in less you have no
other option.

Regards,

Bruce