[AusNOG] somebody suggesting NBN for America !

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Tue Jan 1 08:51:24 EST 2013

From: Bevan Slattery <bevan at slattery.net.au>

You're obviously not aware of the substantial broadband initiatives
in Hawaii State in particular.

There's some pretty big commitments being contemplated and made.
Should be interesting to see over the next couple of years.

Got pointers?  Everything here I'm aware of is political positioning,
such as DCCA's thingie: http://www.hibroadbandmap.org.  AU isn't the
only place with clueless politicians.  ;-)

If folks don't have water lines or electricity, how much do they need
internet?  It's the "...every American household" part.

scott