[AusNOG] Rj21 to RJ11 cable

John Lindsay JLindsay at internode.com.au
Wed Feb 20 13:58:12 EST 2013

You can buy telco (RJ21) to RJ45 panels more or less off the shelf from Australian wholesale suppliers like AJF in Adelaide.

The little plastic inserts that turn them into RJ11 sockets are readily available.

You can absolutely get telco to pair cables that are designed to be punched down.

Get appropriate RJ11 connectors and a crimp tool and attached them.

(Appropriate to the copper wire - is it stranded or solid? There is a connector for each type of wire.)

jsl

On 20/02/2013, at 1:22 PM, Tony <td_miles at yahoo.com<mailto:td_miles at yahoo.com>>