[AusNOG] Is there anyone from Telstra available who works in the Telstra DNS dept available?

Chris Scholfield admincs at heartland.com.au
Mon Feb 18 11:26:53 EST 2013

Thanks for your help everyone,  pointing to 8.8.8.8 does resolve the problem
we had.

I may leave it on that permanently now. Give TID DNS the flick since
everybody on list is saying that they are too slow in updating their
records.

However, I've read about people experiencing problems using Google DNS
instead of a local DNS, in regards to stuff like DNS location redirection.

Considering that's the problem that we had this morning was IP location
blocking on websites we need to use, do the benefits of using Google DNS
outweigh the problems (if there are problems at all)?

Thanks for your help and input

Chris.