[AusNOG] Server/HD Question

Chris Scholfield admincs at heartland.com.au
Thu Feb 14 13:20:41 EST 2013

Hi Steve,

We're running a HP ML370 with an 8 bay caddy, 4x 300GB SAS and 4x 500GB
SATA, RAID 5 of each matching drive set. The SATA are 7500RPM, need to check
the SAS.

We're running SQL server's on the SAS RAID for the performance, and running
(among other things) an intranet web server serving 300 people on the SATA.

The web server has been going fine for that amount of people.

Hope it helps,

Chris Scholfield.