[AusNOG] IP range/prefix AS ownership tool

Gavin Tweedie gtweedie at staff.iinet.net.au
Wed Feb 13 19:02:08 EST 2013

If you mean owner of the IP prefix is the same as owner of the origin ASN then no that wouldn't be accurate. Customers regularly bring their own APNIC (or legacy AUNIC) space to their ISP which we then announce under our ASN for them.

Some customers may even do this with multiple ISPs, so you will find prefixes that have multiple different origin ASNs.

Gavin