[AusNOG] IP range/prefix AS ownership tool

Peter Childs PChilds at internode.com.au
Wed Feb 13 18:21:21 EST 2013

You might be able to extract something from http://dev.maxmind.com/geoip/downloadable#Binary_Databases-1

Somewhere you can access a GeoIPASNum.dat which in theory does some mapping of the sort

From: Joshua D'Alton <joshua at railgun.com.au<mailto:joshua at railgun.com.au>>
Date: Wednesday, 13 February 2013 5:40 PM
To: Jarryd Sullivan <Jarryd.Sullivan at area9.com.au<mailto:Jarryd.Sullivan at area9.com.au>>
Cc: "ausnog at lists.ausnog.net<mailto:ausnog at lists.ausnog.net>" <ausnog at lists.ausnog.net<mailto:ausnog at lists.ausnog.net>>
Subject: Re: [AusNOG] IP range/prefix AS ownership tool

Thanks guys, Tom's suggestion is close, except I want to know owner AS not just originated.

So imagine http://bgp.he.net/AS20870#_prefixes  except that instead of it listing only the prefixes that belong to that AS, it lists all the announced prefixes in a range (89.0.0.0/8<http://89.0.0.0/8>) and then a column with owner AS like asn.cymru.com<http://asn.cymru.com> does, and then a column with origin AS(s).

Perhaps such a tool doesn't exist and I just have to combine some things, just thought it'd be useful :)