[AusNOG] Domain registrar advice/recommendations

Matthew Muscat matthew at mamis.com.au
Tue Feb 12 16:10:27 EST 2013

Agree with Joshua's comments, GoDaddy is not what i'd be relying on. I'll
also put Crazy Domains in the same group.

I first used Distrubute.IT, then got merged with TPP after some unfortunate
events.

>From my own experience, TPP is an good provider - my only gripes with them
is that they're a tad expensive when comparing against CrazyDomains and
GoDaddy.. I've had a few early quirks with their management interface (it
was a new system that Distribute.IT customers got put on at the time), all
of which were solved by a phone call to support.

Looking around, Uber or VentraIP might be worth looking into - however i
haven't used them myself so i can't comment on what support is like (ticket
system? phone?)

Regards,
Matthew Muscat
+61425782555