[AusNOG] Cisco 7200 routers for sale

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Mon Feb 11 14:10:26 EST 2013

The network sizes I deal with, are not extremely large as others may
have to. The RB1100AHx2's in MikroTiks 'Ideal' conditions state (from
http://routerboard.com/RB1100AHx2) to expect 278k pps with heavy
firewalling/processing rules, 654k pps with simple 'queues' and 1495k
pps with 'fast path' routing. Obviously as stated these are their ideal
test bench scores, but if using multiple in load balance style scenario
(because they are cheap) could comfortably handle a 600mbps max
throughput network I believe.

  From discussions I've had with others, it sounds as though the 7301's
will begin seeing their limitations at around 350mbps, obviously
depending on how many pps as well, but talking standard DSL aggregation
not optimised higher bandwidth streams. 7200's would be even less then
that would they not?