[AusNOG] Cisco 7200 routers for sale

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Mon Feb 11 13:14:42 EST 2013

Are you talking for core/edge routing or for DSL Aggregation?

Seems a popular solution of the moment is to move to MikroTik routers
for core routing, specifically the RB1100AHx2, or perhaps their 'Cloud'
router that is newer. Since they are so cheap, it is not hard to
purchase multiple and have them in a load balanced/fail over situation.

In terms of DSL Aggregation, I believe the upgrade path in the Cisco
world from a 7200/7300 would be to the ASR 1000 routers. I could well be
wrong though.