[AusNOG] Running out of VLANs

Joshua D'Alton joshua at railgun.com.au
Mon Dec 16 16:08:40 EST 2013

>From that page:
The Q-in-Q VLAN tag termination feature is simpler than the IEEE 802.1Q
tunneling feature deployed for the Catalyst 6500 series switches or the
Catalyst 3550 and Catalyst 3750 switches. Whereas switches require IEEE
802.1Q tunnels on interfaces to carry double-tagged traffic, routers need
only encapsulate Q-in-Q VLAN tags within another level of 802.1Q tags in
order for the packets to arrive at the correct destination.