[AusNOG] Vocus peer with TPG

Luke Iggleden luke+ausnog at sisgroup.com.au
Mon Dec 9 21:23:13 EST 2013

Vocus is 'peered' traffic with TPG via WAIX (in WA). Its not up to Vocus
to select best route path for TPG, they are presenting most of their
routes to WA(ix)?

TPG should do the 'right' thing and peer at all IX-Australia peering
points or with others bi-laterally if they want to improve latency &
performance.

I believe its a commercial decision as to why they do not peer with
anyone else other than via (their own) PIPE peering.