[AusNOG] IP Information

Jeremy Visser jeremy at visser.name
Mon Dec 9 18:51:32 EST 2013

On 09/12/13 18:34, Shaun McGuane wrote:
> Recently we contacted speedtest.net about an ip range of which we have
> had owned for 2 years still showing previous owners information.

On a slightly related note, we have a customer who squats on some public
IP space for use in their internal LAN before it is NAT'ed into the real
address space for the Internet.  (Don't ask.  I've had enough hysterical
raisins for one day.)

They noticed that speedtest.net was showing a weird ISP for them.  As it
turns out, Adobe Flash can read your LAN IP, and if it sees a
non-RFC1918 address there, it will use that to determine the ISP.