[AusNOG] Thailand outbound issues.

Grahame Lynch grahamelynch at commsdaymail.com
Mon Dec 2 16:42:34 EST 2013

Speaking as the (only) Bangkok resident here there have been some issues
here:

1) Protestors have actually cut major cables at the HQs of key ISPs here
(CAT, TOT). They are repaired now.

2) There is substantial DoS activity directed at websites of the
participants in the political dispute.

3) Thais, understandably, are turning to the net in droves to keep up with
events. Online video is playing a large role in this as you might imagine.

Now if you want to see something cool, here is a video which shows the
protests from a drone-mounted camera
http://asiancorrespondent.com/116700/videos-of-police-and-anti-government-protesters-clashing/