[AusNOG] Where to find Routing "Stuff"

Burt Mascareigne burt at prioritycomputer.com.au
Wed Aug 28 15:42:42 EST 2013

Hi Noggers,

Not sure if the subject is misleading,  but....

We just got a new ASN for a new IPv4 /23.

A couple of things,  this route points to the UK,  even though we're Aussies,  so,  I can only assume this "was" part of the UK Registrar? Maybe?  Or is it due to the route being pointed to the UK?  Maybe?

How do I go about finding out this stuff.

All the traceroutes come clean into TPG Global Switch, so,  BGP is up and well.  When I do the scary "speed test"  it thinks I'm in the UK....  Pings are crazy bad, and it generally not helpful,  however, when I put it to Sydney, it's all well.

I just need to make sure there's no "leaks" of routes going to the UK THEN bouncing to Aussie land.  All my Tracerts *from* Argentina, UK, Ireland, US etc all come "straight" to Aust.  Sometimes however,  we get MASSIVE packet drops, and traceroutes show packets going to the UK,   it's TOTALLY bizzare.

Anyone seen this level of weirdness,  or have a just exploded the Internet?

[cid:priority-computer-solutions_logo_011db88b]

Burt Mascareigne
Technician
Mob: 0414 450 962

[cid:priority-computer-solutions_logo_0355e979] [cid:priority-computer-solutions_logo_042984ef]

Your Needs, Our Priority