[AusNOG] New/old CBA scam

Chris Hurley chris at minopher.net.au
Wed Aug 21 22:43:51 EST 2013

Thanks to everyone hadn¹t thought of CBA Security I¹ll call them tomorrow.
The card has already been cancelled to be safe.
As I said I just happened to be visiting my Dad and he was on the phone to
the scammers and had already installed TeamViewer so I have no idea if the
link was dodgy or genuine. I walked in as he was giving out his PIN number
something I¹ve told him a million times no organisation will ever ask for.
So just pulled his ethernet cable out as the screen was going black. As the
operator was saying we¹ll install monitoring software as you don¹t have any
anti-virus software. Yep right.