[AusNOG] New/old CBA scam

Joshua D'Alton joshua at railgun.com.au
Wed Aug 21 19:12:58 EST 2013

1) CBA security always the best approach, the issue will actually be looked
at, vs even AFP and even scamwatch it just goes onto the pile
2) If they had full access to teamviewer it only takes literally a
milisecond for them to infect the PC, so while format might be a bit
extreme, I'd definitely be paranoid about being compromised. cancelling the
card is probably a bit extreme but lacking in details, i guess if it was
creditcard and they had all pertinent information to use it.. good call.