[AusNOG] Cloud File Servers?

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at eintellegonetworks.com
Mon Aug 12 16:52:46 EST 2013

Hey all,

About a year ago I asked if anyone knew of any 'Cloud File Server' products
out there.

I got a few responses, but nothing really eventuated from that.

What I am NOT looking for is Cloud Backup.  Not Dropbox, Drive, Copy, Box,
SugarSync, etc which all just replicate a directory on someones computer
and then shares it.

I AM looking for something that can act as a Cloud File Server where the
SOURCE is in the Cloud (preferably with an .au option).

I found this one:
http://www.egnyte.com/online-storage/online-storage-features.html as an
example.

I want:

- Windows, Mac, iOS and Android clients
- Users/Permissions like the old school windows share concept
- Ability to Cache/No Cache, etc specific directories, so there was some
speed for common files
- An expiry where if an employee is terminated/leaves, the files disappear
after a certain time (Nice to have)
- External access would be nice (customers, contractors, etc)
- Alternate backup options
- Billing by the user per month is preferable
- Outsourced - I don't want to run anything

Does anyone know if this kind of thing exists here in Australia?

...Skeeve

linkedin.com/in/skeeve

twitter.com/networkceoau ; blog: www.network-ceo.net

The Experts Who The Experts Call