[AusNOG] Your Experience with Brisbane Data Centres

Tim March march.tim at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 11:34:19 EST 2013

I've also noted what I consider to be a couple of nasty security
deficiencies at the Soul/TPG facility in Dryburgh St, North Melbourne...

	1. The electromag door locks on the front door are insufficient for the
physical door construction and could be physically pulled open.

	2. What appears to be the copper MDF is uncaged and free-standing in
the middle of the room (eg. you can just walk up to it...)

	3. The cage locks use a poor-quality wafer mechanism that can be easily
bypassed. I forgot a cage key one day and walked through it in about 7
seconds.

	4. An access request submitted with incorrect information was accepted
and used to gain site access.

If there are any Soul/TPG punters on the list the things I mention above
are relatively cheap and easy to address and buy you a load of security
value.

T.