[AusNOG] Application Firewall Recommendations

Brad McGinn bmcginn at thiess.com.au
Thu Aug 8 10:00:15 EST 2013

F5 BigIP devices..  great kit.

From: AusNOG [mailto:ausnog-bounces at lists.ausnog.net] On Behalf Of Ed Hallett
Sent: Tuesday, 6 August 2013 10:12 AM
To: ausnog at lists.ausnog.net
Subject: [AusNOG] Application Firewall Recommendations

Hi people,

Just a simple question, but with a not so simple answer.

We manage considerable clients with ‘cloud’ based servers within Telstra’s utility hosting.
We used to use TMG as a firewall / gateway / security for clients who requested these features,  but this is no longer possible.

I need recommendations on application based (non VM) firewalls which can be installed on server 08 / 12 and capable of the same feature set as TMG. Not as easy to find now..

So, I ask my esteemed peers for words of wisdom.
Well, words, anyway.

Kind regards,
Ed Hallett

IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments may be confidential and privileged.

If received in error, please contact Thiess and delete all copies.  You may not

rely on advice and documents received by email unless confirmed by a signed Thiess

letter.  This restriction on reliance will not apply to the extent that the above email

communication is between parties to a contract and is authorised under that contract.

Before opening or using attachments, check them for viruses and defects.  Thiess'

liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments.