[AusNOG] Performance issues with AAPT ADSL

Tim March march.tim at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 14:38:21 EST 2013

I'm currently in the throes of resolving an issue with my home DSL
service relating to a section of known-bad copper the carrier is having
a hard time taking responsibility for. The best collateral I've got in
the argument so far was firing up Cacti on my Synology NAS and graphing
Attenuation/SNR/Sync on the router via SNMP.

"This is a weather graph showing when it rained. This is a Cacti graph
showing when the ATM interface went from 15 -> 2mbit. Fix it."

Metrics are your friend.

T.