[AusNOG] Application Firewall Recommendations

Andrew Paternoster Andrew at screwloose.com.au
Tue Aug 6 11:28:54 EST 2013

One of our guys setup a varnish box with some cool firewalling scripts on a vm. He had it doing all sorts of cool stuff like looking up black lists and block tor proxies. And as a bonus it makes the web sites load faster. You can cluster them and redirect the sites to the correct back end server. probably doesn’t get 100% but when we started pushing sites through the varnish box it turned up some “interesting” traffic.

Thank you
Andrew Paternoster