[AusNOG] multi customer self manageable virtual router

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Sun Apr 28 11:42:38 EST 2013

It is true you could run it on other hardware, but I believe Metarouter
is only available when running RouterOS on certain MikroTik
Routerboards. I could be wrong on this though I haven't heavily used the
function (just going by the notes on the wiki).

This would mean spinning up a complete new virtual for each instance you
want which could result in a lot of wasted resources, if they are
limited. This differs to Metarouter which (I assume) would work similar
to BSD Jail's rather than a full virtualisation stack.

Happy to be proven wrong on this though :).