[AusNOG] Fwd: LulzSec Leader Arrested in Sydney - One of our

Joshua D'Alton joshua at railgun.com.au
Sat Apr 27 19:36:42 EST 2013

I think you're naive that the list would be closed, and/or that journos
won't get access, and/or that they then won't lift a few direct quotes out
of context.

Things will always have the capacity to be taken out of context, even when
shared with fellow 'network' 'engineers', I don't see any complaints of
that from when all this furor originally came up 2 weeks ago, the complaint
back then was a few people getting their knickers in a twist because they
were receiving whirlpool-esque messages and apparently couldn't setup email
filters (or plain just ignore it).

Not saying this discussion from the perspective of the journo
out-of-context issue isn't a(nother) valid reason for a/the other list, but
it isn't how we got to where we are now.

Mark raises a good point just as I finish typing this, it does depend on
the media outlet... (as another aside, I think RFOs technically are/should
be covered under NDA provisions, its just they are rarely abused so it
never really seems to be an issue)