[AusNOG] Fwd: LulzSec Leader Arrested in Sydney - One of our

Mark Newton newton at atdot.dotat.org
Sat Apr 27 19:35:09 EST 2013

On 27/04/2013, at 6:54 PM, Matt Whitlock <mbw.whitlock at gmail.com> wrote:

> So I've been avoiding this discussion but I think my experience with AusNOG is relevant to this.

I had the opposite experience, quite recently.

After I sent my IPv6 "Objections to Sale" message to this list last month, I was contacted by
a journalist interested in quoting it in their publication.

I assented -- Quite happy to have that kind of stuff spread far and wide if the effect is to
accelerate IPv6 adoption!

A day or so later the journalist replied and said they'd checked the list charter, and noted
that posts made to the list were not intended for consumption by media outlets, so he wouldn't
be using it.

So I guess it depends on the media outlet:  Some of them are more diligent about checking,
sourcing, and ethics than others.

Regards,

  - mark