[AusNOG] Systems vs Networks

PRK ausnog at digitaljunkie.net
Fri Apr 19 11:56:51 EST 2013

As a SAGE-AU member, I've found their lists great for general SysAdmin
stuff, but fairly useless for ISP / Carrier topics - I've found their
membership is much more enterprise based.

Given how closely network and systems can be intertwined (and growing
closer), I'd hope there's still a place for ISP / Carrier related
systems discussion on this list, where it's appropriate to overall
operations.

I've always taken "network" in NOG to be a more holistic view of
systems, network, storage, etc, rather than specifically routing &
switching.

Am I in the minority?

prk.