[AusNOG] VPLS OSPF question

Tom Berryman tom at connectivityit.com.au
Thu Apr 18 05:57:55 EST 2013

Ease of setup.
Relatively low CPU overhead, and link overhead.
No requirement for sham links when mixing MPLS with private links (OSPF).
I still use EIGRP for customers networks- though small networks (ADSL VPN basically) does not compare the scale of what's being discussed here nor the bandwidth availability.
Also, no MTU issues with different values on each link (why I use it in mixed ADSL networks- customer not carrier).
Tom.