[AusNOG] Where are the moderators?

Mark Prior mrp at mrp.net
Tue Apr 16 09:34:52 EST 2013

On 15/04/13 10:26 PM, Peter Parker wrote:

> Considering that the recent influx in meta-discussions is a direct result of at
> least one individual (the journo Danny O'Brien) repeatedly ignoring the list
> charter, I have to ask why the moderators of this list aren't intervening more
> heavily to keep the resulting discussions more on topic?

As one of the "moderators" I will point you at the charter
<http://www.ausnog.net/mailing_list/charter>
where it includes the passage

"The AusNOG mailing list is reactively moderated - that is to say that
posts will be delivered to members immediately, but if the moderators
see the list being abused the abuser(s) will be asked to refrain from
their activities."

Mark.