[AusNOG] Moderated/Vetted AusNOG list to reduce the guff (was Re: Understanding lack of Aus connectivity to melbournefreeuniversity.org.)

Paul Gear ausnog at libertysys.com.au
Sun Apr 14 18:52:02 EST 2013

On 04/14/2013 06:18 PM, Bevan Slattery wrote:
>> 1. I think someone mentioned recently that list membership was somewhere
>> up around 2500 people. If those of you who are whinging so loudly about
>> this one think you can create another with a greater collective brains
>> trust then why don't you do it. For that matter, why don't you put your
>> money where your mouths are and unsubscribe from this one?
> 4.  Will start a new Network Operators List by the end of the week with AS
> requirements.
>> Bye... Enjoy your utopian nirvana of intellectual purity.

Whilst i agree with Tim's sentiments about intellectual purity, i'm
really disappointed it has come to this.  As a non-AS holder [1], i
really appreciate the collective wisdom of the list and i'm sorry that
the presence of us non-carrier folks is so irritating to you. I
apologise for any personal contribution i may have made to this situation.

May i suggest that a new list (e.g. ausnog-carrier/ausnog-as-holder)
under the AusNOG umbrella might be a compromise that doesn't splinter
the community completely?

Regards,
Paul

[1] But not for long - will probably be doing it in the new financial year.