[AusNOG] Understanding lack of Aus connectivity to melbournefreeuniversity.org.

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Sat Apr 13 16:51:34 EST 2013

On Sat, 2013-04-13 at 15:49 +1000, Ross Wheeler wrote:

> *IF* there was anyone here who *DID* handle such requests on *ANY* sort of
> basis (daily, weekly, or EVER), they would *NOT* be permitted to say
> anything about it - even to confirm or deny the existance of such orders,
> much less if they had acted on any.

I'd like to know where this rot comes from, the only prohibition (and I
even doubt that unless it is by court warrant) is, that in such a case
if requested or court ordered , an ISP to block, that ISP was asked are
you blocking xyz, they could not comment.

There from my readings is NO such offence in law, for if I was asked
_generally_ "have I ever" , that I can not say, yes or no.
I know the govt wants to try it hard to be, but, as of this date, we are
not a police state.