[AusNOG] Understanding lack of Aus connectivity to melbournefreeuniversity.org.

Tim March march.tim at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 14:18:32 EST 2013

I think we're way off the point here. This whole thing is very simple...

	1. Was this particular IP blocked per specific LEA request - If == True
then we all understand and move on with our lives.

	2. Was this particular IP blocked per compliance with some sort of
voluntary filtering system - If == True then;

	3. How many other IP's are being blocked under the same system.

... It's as easy as that. If AAPT and others are complying with LEA
directive under the telecommunications act we move on. If they're
engaging in a voluntary filtering regime that that is collaterally
wiping thousands of sites offline it needs further discussion.

Two things are worth consideration here;

	1. I directly asked them the question and they contradicted themselves.

	2. They were able to remove the site from whatever blocklist,
presumably under their own direction, as soon as this received any sort
of negative attention.

I, as well as many others, completely understand the lawful interception
etc. requirements carrier license holders are expected meet. The
questions at this stage is "Was this that or something else."

Nothing more. Nothing less.

T.