[AusNOG] Ethnic Centric ISPs in Australia?

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at eintellegonetworks.com
Mon Apr 8 13:59:47 EST 2013

Eric,

Most of the ones I built are from the early days, mostly with dialup
access.... there were hundreds of ISPs that didn't make a successful
transition to broadband.

One of the recent ethnic based ones I built (in the last couple of years)
went bust due to a VoIP hack that left them owing their provider hundreds
of thousands of dollars, and unable to recover.  No, I didn't build the
VoIP systems.

One might assert limiting your demography isn't smart, but that, IMHO would
be very wrong.  Personally, I think just competing in the open market is
the dumbest anyone building a small ISP these days could do.

...Skeeve

linkedin.com/in/skeeve

twitter.com/networkceoau ; blog: www.network-ceo.net

The Experts Who The Experts Call